There are so many Nigerians living in the United States of America, occupied with different things in the country. Hence, the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in USA is committed to helping Nigerians living in America in various ways, particularly by offering certain essential services to the people. One of the prominent ones has to do with the Nigerian Passport.
If you are a Nigerian citizen living in Washington DC and you want to renew your passport, you can easily get it done here. As a resident of Washington DC, you are even so advantaged, as the Nigerian Embassy is located around you. How? Many Nigerians living in faraway States in America have to travel down here at times to get stuff sorted out, or engage the out-of-state services for processing provided by the Embassy – which attracts a fee of $100.00.
Here in the article, I explore how one can have their Nigerian passport renewed right in Washington DC. See the procedures now:
To renew your Nigerian Passport in Washington DC, there are simple steps you have to carry out so as to get it sorted easily. These are the simple procedures:
Nigerian Passport Renewal In Washington DC
- First of all, open the official website of the Nigeria Immigration website with your device. The website is https://portal.immigration.gov.ng
- Secondly, move to the passport menu on the page and select the E-passport application form which you will see.
- You will see the options for STANDARD e-passport and Official Passport. Choose the Standard e-Passport.
- Your Processing Country is the United States of America. Since you want to get this done in Washington DC which is in the USA, ensure you didn’t choose any other country different from the United States when you get to this page.
You should also endeavor to read and fully understand the guidelines that concern payment on the start application page, before moving on. Doing this will surely save you from headaches.
- You can now tap on the Start Application. It will bring out different options – Google, Yahoo, Facebook, or Open ID. If you have an account with any of them, you can simply log in with your already registered account (on Google, Yahoo, Facebook, or Open ID) and go to the next stage. But if you don’t have an account with any of them, you can still create an account before moving forward.
- You should now fill the form, and also choose WASHINGTON DC as your Processing Office/Processing Embassy
- When you are done with the form, before submitting it, it can be printed. Now once the application has been successfully submitted, you will be sent a Reference number and Application ID.
- You can make payment for the Passport using the Application ID and Reference number. It is preferable to pay with your credit or debit card. However, if you don’t have a card, you can still purchase a money order and associate the money order to the Application ID and Reference number generated uniquely for you.
I: Once the association is completed, you can now print out the page that displays the tracking number. The tracking number is uniquely generated for you, and it’s important too.
Remember that the money order should be addressed to Innovate Service. Applicants are expected to then attach the money order to the page that shows the tracking number and mail it to the below address:
30 Avon Meadow,
J: As soon as you successfully complete everything up there, the applicant can now schedule an appointment for a Biometric/Interview.
How To Contact The Nigeria Embassy In Washington
The Nigerian Embassy in Washington DC provides important services to Nigerians living in the United States of America – it was actually put in place to serve you as a Nigerian in America. You can visit their office physically or simply call them via phone. This is their phone number: (202) 800 7201.
Additionally, you can write the Embassy and send your message via email, and expect a reply from them. Here is their email address: email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org
How Persons Under The Age Of 18 Can Apply For A Passport
If you have a youngster under the age of 18 who you want to get a Nigerian Passport to from Washington DC, it can be done easily. You don’t have to bring them down to Nigeria before it can be done. Here are the procedures and things they are to provide:
- The online application forms should be filled and completed
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate should be provided
- A letter of Consent, which must be jointly signed by both parents of the child.
- Both parents are to make and submit photocopies of their data page. It should be noted that one of the passport data pages must be a Nigerian Passport. It means at least one of the parents should be a Nigerian – it can be the father or mother.
- The Online payment Slip
- The Online acknowledgment Slip
- Two passport-size photographs belonging to the child. It is preferable if you present the ones with white background.
- A certified self-addressed prepaid envelope from USPS, UPS, or FedEx
Finally, it should be noted that the child has to appear in person for their biometric and image acquisition.
- Nigerian Passport Renewal In Australia
- Easiest Ways To Get An American Visa From Nigeria
- Nigerian Passport Renewal In USA
The Nigerian Embassy in Washington DC has made the business of applying and renewing the Nigerian Passport much easier for Nigerians living in America. Bonafide citizens of the country can apply for a new passport from where they live in Washington DC, and they will be issued a Nigerian Passport with ease. It is easy to also renew your passport without much stress, and you don’t even have to come here to Nigeria before getting it done.
Finally, avoid missing your passport, as you will be paying a penalty fee if you want to get another one from the Nigerian Embassy, alongside other things, including getting a police report