Philosophers who work in Nigeria utilize the philosophy skills they learned in school to solve problems in both their personal and professional lives. They make use of the core foundation of philosophy such as logical thinking, and an ability to effectively grasp all angles of an argument and evaluate it accordingly to explain various aspects of life’s occurrences.
Are you curious about what makes up your entirety? Do you sometimes wonder why things are the way they are, and if there are conglomerations of the actions taken in the past? Philosophy poses a lot of truths and reasonable postulations for all of these questions and more.
Where Can A Philosopher Work In Nigeria?
Graduates of philosophy are open to jobs in the public sector, private sector, Human Resources, Advertising, Banking & Finance, Sciences, Religion, Business, International diplomacy, Social work, Medical management, Management consultancies, Educational institutions, Accounting, Pharmaceuticals institutions. There are numerous organizations where philosophers can put their awesome degrees to use, and they are;
100 Companies Philosophers Can Work In Nigeria
- Africa Nigeria Onne Base
- Babban Gona Farmer Services Nigeria Limited
- SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Employment Nigeria Limited
- Enroyale Consulting Limited
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
- Magdiel Education
- American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- Bizpool Africa
- Médecins du Monde
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Dangote Industries Limited
- iMMAP Nigeria
- Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Accion Microfinance Bank Limited
- Olakleen Holdings Limited
- CA First Aid
- Enroyale Global Services Limited
- River Bank School
- OneDigital Nigeria Limited
- Carepoint Hospitals Limited
- Oleaster Nigeria Limited
- Maurice Xandra Limited
- Vodstra Nigeria Limited
- Asharami Energy Limited
- Habrams Energy Limited
- Superflux Nigeria Limited
- Norwegian Church Aid (NCA)
- Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex (OAUTHC)
- Overlake Medical Center & Clinics
- Novotel Hotels
- Calaya Engineering Services
- Mint Digital Bank
- Petrolexcel Technology Services
- Ascentech Services Limited
- Nuru International
- Green Spring Schools
- Simba Group
- The University of Delta Agbor
- Quorum West Africa
- Light Height Global Services Limited
- Anheuser Busch InBev
- The Cans Nigeria Limited
- Rybid Consulting Limited
- Plan International
- Food Concepts Plc
- Saro Africa International Limited
- Mandos Nigeria
- Carve Atelier Nigeria
- Olashore International School (OIS)
- Enrian Partners -Q. Institute
- Zojatech Limited
- Coronation Merchant Bank
- Heirs Holding Limited
- United Capital Plc
- Cube Square Concepts Limited
- Wandel International Nigeria Limited
- Holdent International Limited
- Emgee Resources Limited
- Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Licttersworld Integrated Services Limited
- University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNT)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- Light Heights Limited
- Nextzon Business Services
- Multipro Consumer Products Limited
- Cardinal Stone Limited
- International Breweries Plc
- Hewlett Packard (HP)
- Ikeja Electric Distribution Company (IKEDC)
- AA Matthew & Co International Limited
- Ennyston School
- Atlantic Hall Schools
- Helen Hayes Hospital
- Gabrison Grills and Kitchen
- Zybo Aristo Resources
- Standard Bank of Nigeria
- Mewar International University, Nasarawa
- Adekunle Ajasin University,Ondo (AAUA)
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
- Abia State University (ABSU)
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU)
- Redeemer’s University Nigeria (RUN)
- Adeleke University, Ede (AUE)
- Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU)
- Bakassi Technical University (BTU)
- Bukar Abba Ibrahim University, Yobe (YSU)
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU)
- Adamawa State University, Adamawa (ADSU)
- Achievers University (AC)
- Ahmadu Bello University, Kaduna (ABU)
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo (ACU)
- Bayero University, Kano (BUK)
- Babcock University
- Bells University of Technology, Ogun (BUT)
- Benson Idahosa University, Edo (BIU)
- Cross River University of Technology (CRUTECH)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Federal University Ndufe Alike, Ikwo (FUNAI)
What Is The Work Of A Philosopher?
A philosopher works to explain what we believe and why we believe it, the question of who we are and why we are here. They generally answer major life issues and questions for us. Philosophy encourages a detailed and systematic process of inquiry into fundamental questions of right and wrong, truth and falsehood, the meaning of life, and the nature of reality, knowledge, and society.
Philosophy encourages a critical approach to solving problems and explores the core issues of the world’s tradition. Generally, philosophers utilize the following core skills to solve issues;
- Time management
- Independent worker
- Team player
How Many Years Does It Take To Study Philosophy In Nigeria?
Philosophy is a course that is usually classified under humanities and sciences, and it requires four years of full-time or five years of part-time dedication to complete.
How Much Are Philosophers Paid In Nigeria?
A philosopher working as a university junior lecturer earns about 200,000 Naira per month, while a professor earns around 500,000 Naira per month.
When the education level of an entry-level philosopher is a Master’s Degree, the average salary can go up to 400,000 Naira per month.
While a Ph.D. degree holder will earn a salary of 700,000 Naira per month. This figure can go as high as 800,000 Naira depending on experience, skills, gender, location, or extra certification.
A philosopher working in the art industry can earn up to 300,000 Naira per month with an experience level of four years, while an experience level of between two and five years in the medical industry will earn a monthly salary of 400,000 Naira.
Working in a nonprofit organization will earn a philosopher an average monthly salary of 600,000 Naira, while the entry-level income in the architectural industry is about 250,000 naira per month.
A philosopher in the creative writing industry or in a public relations organization will earn a monthly salary of 150,000 and 220,000 Naira respectively.
Is Philosophy Lucrative In Nigeria?
In Nigeria, Philosophy is a highly lucrative career choice as it can be pursued as a “standalone” or as a preparatory prerequisite for other career paths such as law, architecture, arts, accountant, retail management, librarian, marketing, consulting, research, social worker, professor, labor relations, foreign service officer, public relations, journalism, business management, nonprofit work, religious studies, book publishing, creative writing, and politics.
It also opens up career choices in the public sector–this is very important because it offers a long-term source of income and stable career advancement.
- Where Can A Geologist Work In Nigeria?
- 100 Companies Where An Agricultural Economist Work In Nigeria?
- Where Can a Computer Scientist Work In Nigeria?
While there are no options of freelancing or branching out with a standard philosophy degree. It easily becomes possible when used as a prerequisite for other career paths, where it can power up and morph into various freelancing categories and individual startups. With this, the possibilities of a philosophy degree in Nigeria become endless.