NIMASA is known as Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency is known to be an agency belonging to the government. This agency enforces and regulates all foreign and local trade in the country. In addition, the Federal Ministry of Transport regulates the agency.
I listed all NIMASA salary structures presently. Going to the history books, this agency was founded in August 2006 by NMA and JMLIC. NMA is otherwise known as the National Maritime Authority while JMLIC is otherwise known as the Joint Maritime Labour Industrial Council.
NIMASA Salary Structure
If you are in search of a top agency that has decent pay, then you can consider NIMASA. In terms of their payment to staff, it is based on CONRAISS salary structure, that is, the consolidated research and allied institutes. What this interprets is that the salary structure is based on years of experience and grade level in the civil service.
In the list below, you will discover the salary structure of this agency, most especially in the earnings of the various levels of staff;
- Entry-level salary – This agency pays between 100,000 to 150,000 naira each month. It simply indicates that staff on this level will receive in between 1.2 million to 1.8 million nairas annually.
- Grade Level 7 – Staff at grade level 7 receive a monthly salary of 90,000 nairas. This simply indicates that staff at this level will receive 1 million Naira annually.
- Grade level 8 – Staffs at grade level 8 receive a monthly salary of 103,988 Naira. This simply indicates that staff at this level will receive 1,247,854 million annually.
This agency pays their current staff the following salary structure mentioned above. This salary structure comes before taxes and even other crucial deductions.
More information on the Salary Structure
Despite the fact that staffs of this agency receive bonuses and other additional allowances, the salary structure listed above is the average paying scale used by NIMASA. You should also be mindful that the agency can decide to change its salary structure irrespective of the time or period.
Now, that we know the salary structure of NIMASA, let us also know the functions and the job requirements needed at the agency. We start off with the functions.
FUNCTIONS OF NIMASA
On the list below, there are some basic functions of NIMASA.
- NIMASA does not only regulate but supervises seafarers and shipping licenses certification
- The agency makes sure there is improvement or enhancement in the regulatory and shipping matters associated with merchant and seafarers’ shipping.
- The agency also institutes safety standards as well as organizes maritime training for officers that are new to the agency.
- NIMASA offers rescue services and maritime search but only when it is required.
- The agency also ensure and regulate the safety of shipping at the construction of ships
- NIMASA also conduct air surveillance and coastal
- The agency ensures that the security measures are met by giving direction and enforcing regulations and rules
- Besides, the agency averts maritime pollution
- The agency ensures that the water territory is offered the highest maximum security
- The agency does not also forget to conduct every duty relating to all port and flag state-related
- Finally, the agency ensures that there is development or growth of local capacity in supervision, ownership, and construction of ships and other associated amenities. They go about it by formulating and implementing policies, programs, and strategies.
Job Requirements at NIMASA
Now, if you also feel that you need to apply to the agency in order to acquire a job, just keep in mind that there are certain requirements you need to meet. In other words, without these requirements, there is a slim chance or no chances at all that you are going to acquire a job in the agency.
- In addition to Class 1, the applicant must have a degree or equivalent in engineering that is registrable with the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).
- The candidate must have current paperwork, medical fitness certificates, and valid certificates.
- Certificate of Competency (Engineering) from a recognized university, plus at least eighteen (18) years of post-graduate professional experience.
- Possession of HND, B.Sc, NCE, or OND from a recognized institution in relation to the applied position.
- Any additional certificate, whether postgraduate or professional, will be beneficial.
- Certificate of Discharge/Exemption from NYSC.
- Applicants must be under the age of 35.
- The candidate must know how to use a computer.
- A National Diploma (ND) from a recognized institution is required. A National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized institution; or a General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) with two (2) subjects completed in one sitting or three (3) subjects completed in two sittings.
- West African School Certificate (WAEC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with at least credits in two (2) subjects and credits in not less than three (3) subjects, including English; or candidates must have passed four (4) subjects in one sitting or five (5) subjects in two sittings, including the English Language, at the National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level.
- Civil Engineering Salary in Nigeria
- Agricultural Engineering Salary in Nigeria
- Cyber Security Salary in Nigeria
- Auxiliary Nurse Salary In Nigeria
In conclusion, this agency is certainly among the top 100 government entities in the country and a key participant in the country’s economic development. Consequently, despite certain challenges, the organization is regarded as an excellent place to work.
You can visit NIMASA’s official website at www.nimasa.gov.ng for further information.